It’s watermelon season and my kids are obsessed with it! We eat it with every meal! Today we made some amazing watermelon gazpacho and I had to share it immediately! Although watermelon is the main ingredient, it does not overwhelm the gazpacho – every bite is filled with summer fresh flavors!
So good! So healthy! So kid-friendly!
I found the recipe on food network but tweaked it a little to accommodate the ingredients that I already had in my house. This is seriously in-season deliciousness at it’s best! Enjoy!
Unbelievable Watermelon Gazpacho
- 1 large tomato, core removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cubed fresh watermelon
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs. fresh chives, divided, half for garnish
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes, pepper, and a little more then 1/2 of the watermelon.
- Add the onion, cucumber and chives and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the red wine vinegar and olive oil and pulse.
- Chill in the refridgerator for 10 minutes then pour into chilled bowls and sprinkle with chives, and remaining watermelon. Serve.