Golden, sweet and delicious beets are in season: I am in heaven. This recipe is my all-time favorite way to enjoy beets – it’s simple to make, bursting with flavor and accompanies almost any kind of meal.
Did I mention that this is so scrumptious that you will lick your bowl clean? Because you will.
Sweet & Salty Beet Salad
- 8 golden beets, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 cup red grapes
- ½ cup mixed roasted nuts with salt (I used pistachio’s, cashews and almonds)
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Roast beets by preheating your oven to 424 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in a piece of aluminum foil and place the packets on a large baking sheet and baking for 1 ½-2 hours until fork tender.
- Let the beets cool for ½ hour or until you can touch them.
- Peel the skin off of the beets and slice into large chunks and place in the refrigerator to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly add in the olive oil, whisking continuously until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grapes to the beets and lightly drizzle in the dressing then toss to combine.
- This can be made up to 2 hours in advance. Add the nuts right before serving.