This salad is beautiful. Seriously beautiful. They say that we eat first with our eyes and when we put this cauliflower and beet salad together, I was drooling.
Like her Quinoa Salad, this recipe is another one of Peanut’s creations that’s blog worthy! I keep telling my 8 year old that she should a chef when she grows up because she creates some interesting and tasty flavor cominations that are always a hit in my house! As of now, she’s going to be an art teacher…. Stay tuned…
I know that the flavor combinations are a little strange – capers with their sharp, piquant, salty taste combined with lemon, garlic, parsley and dill pickles – but I’m telling you that it works! So give it a try and let us know what you think!!!! Enjoy!
Peanut’s Cauliflower and Beet Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tbs. + ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 whole beets, pre-roasted or from a can, rinsed and drained
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 lemon, zested and juice
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 baby dill pickles, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower with olive oil and salt and place in the oven. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, combine the capers, garlic, lemon zest and juice, pickles and parsley in a small bowl. Whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow to cool.
- Toss the roasted cauliflower and beets with the dressing then sprinkle scallions over the salad and serve at room temperature.