For Labor Day, #SundaySupper is sharing recipes that require little labor.
I’m not going to lie, most of my recipes do require a little effort so I had a hard time thinking up an easy recipe. Then it hit me – make my kids favorite- flavor- combination into a salad.
Few things please my kids more then mangoes and ginger threaded together on skewers and drizzeled with honey. So, for today’s #SundaySupper recipe I wanted to make it a little more sophisticated by turning their snack into a salad and adding fresh mint and lime.
This salad is super simple to prepare and it’s sweet, savory and downright delicious. Perfect for a Labor-less Labor Day picnic or pool party!
Have a fantastic Labor Day Weekend my friends! Cheers and happy cooking!
Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger
- 3 Mangoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbs. Crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 tbs. fresh mint, torn
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbs. honey
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Looking for more fabulously easy recipes? Look for further then the recipes below!
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Butternut Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Shrimp on the Grill by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Smoked Paprika Roast Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Scones with Citrus Glaze by Eat Picks
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Easy Strawberry Peach Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Bar by Brunch with Joy
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.