These flavorful portobello mushrooms are stuffed with Parmesan cheese and then gilled to perfection. It can be served as a light spring or summer dish with your favorite salad or paired with steak for a heartier fall meal.
Grilled Parmesan Portobello’s
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- A small handful of fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and pepper
- 6 small to medium portobello’s ( or 4 larger ones)
- Olive oil
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Combine the cheese and thyme in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the mushrooms with olive oil and grill until golden, 6-7 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over grill for an additional 5 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are golden and cooked through, leave them on the grill and carefully divide the cheese mixture among the mushrooms.
- Close the cover and cook until the cheese has melted, about 40 seconds.
- Remve to a plate and drizzle with a tiny amount of olive oil.
- Serve hot.