I’m having a love affair with Baby Bok Choy. Not only does Bok choy (also referred to as Chinese white cabbage) contain vitamins C and K, plus a higher concentration of beta-carotene and vitamin A than any other variety of cabbage, it’s simply delicious. Add a little garlic and ginger to the mix and it’s magical. If you’ve never tried bok choy before, this is the perfect intro!
Seriously, this dish will make your taste buds sing. I’m not exaggerating.
Ginger Garlic Baby Bok Choy
- 2 baby bok choy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar (for drizzling)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees ( alternatively, you can use your grill)
- Cut each bok choy head in half lengthwise.
- Place bok choy on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with minced garlic and grated ginger.
- Roast bok choy for 10-15 minutes until the leaves start to wilt and brown.
- Drizzle with vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste.
Note: This easy side dish also tastes wonderful with salted nuts like peanuts or almonds.