My family loves rice and I’m always thinking up new ways to serve it up as a healthy side dish for dinner. This recipe for Easy Spanish Rice is definitely a “cheaters” side dish. Using 5 ingredients and only 20 minutes, this rice dish will be on your table in no time flat. Serve it up with a little Cilantro Chicken and Salad and you have one tasty weeknight dinner!
Easy Spanish Rice
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa, spice level your choice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix rice into skillet, stirring often.
- When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.