I love summer fresh tomatoes. Here in New Jersey, our supply of vine ripe tomatoes is coming quickly to an end and aside from making a ton of homemade sauce, I’m also making a ton of fantastic tomato side dishes like this Delicious Tomato Salad.
How do you relish the last days of summer?
I hope you enjoy this wonderful -end- of- summer -tomato- salad as much as we do! I used some Ort Farms tomatoes for this recipe ( if you hurry over to the farm stand, they may still have some).
Healthy, fresh, sweet and delicious! Enjoy!
Delicious Tomato Salad
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup fresh basil, leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a small bowl, measure and combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and basil.
- Pour dressing over the tomatos and toss gently to combine.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Gently stir from the bottom to the top, coating all of the ingredients before serving.