This is the ultimate summer salad and it’s perfect for entertaining. Serve it with some corn chips and it’s a GREAT, healthy snack too!
Festive Summer Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 (14 oz) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 cups of frozen corn, thawed.
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (if using pre-chopped, about 2 ½ tsp.)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- A little salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup plus 1 tbs. olive oil
- 6 limes, zested and juiced
- A small handful fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Corn Chips for serving
- Combine all the ingredients except for avocados in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 30 up to overnight.
- Right before serving, add avocados and fold gently, being careful not to mash.
- If you would like, throw some more cilantro over top and serve.