I’m bursting at the seams… this is so delicious! OMG! We picked up some late season asparagus today and they were beautifully thin, delicate and absolutely perfect for this recipe! My kids eat these as a snack but they make a wonderful appetizer as well! Crunchy, salty and fresh…this asparagus appetizer is really worth trying!
- 4 oz. of thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into tin strips
- 24 asparagus spears, washed, dried and trimmed
- 10 sheets of phyllo dough (these can be found in the freezer section), thawed and cut into 4×4 squares
- A misto full of olive oil or cooking spray like PAM
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wrap each asparagus spear as follows: first in prosciutto then in phyllo dough.
- Arrange rolls on a baking sheet and mist with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until they are golden and crisp.