This week’s #SundaySupper is all about meatless meals and I have to warn you: all of the recipes sound YUMMY! I also want to thank Tammi of Mommas Meals for hosting today’s #SundaySupper!
I must confess, my family eats vegetarian 4-5 out of 7 nights a week and yet, I had a hard time deciding what recipe to share until my 7 year old, Peanut, asked for Olive Tapenade for her after school snack ( yes, my children are VERY demanding in the snacking department). Suddenly a light went off in my head and it all fell into place: everybody needs to know how to make this easy vegetarian appetizer — it’s so good that my kids ask for it all of the time –maybe yours will too….
The most difficult part about this recipe is actually how easy it is to make — all you need is a food processor and away you go — so I didn’t take any “how to” pictures while making it. Please forgive me and enjoy!
Olive Tapenade # SundaySupper
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup curly parsley
- 2 tbs. olive oil (or more as needed)
- 1 (15oz) can whole or crushed tomatoes, majority of the juices drained
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil (purchased, drain the oil if there is a lot)
- 1 1/2 cups Mediterranean olives, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 1/4 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 (15oz) can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash basil and parsley and spin dry
- Place the herbs in food processor fitted with a steel blade, and pulse repeatedly until they are chopped as finely as you prefer, drizzling in the oil through the feed tube as you go.
- Add tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olives, parmesan cheese, tomato paste, white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Process until the mixture is partly pureed and well-combined.
- Check the thickness and add a bit more oil if you wish, then taste to see if you want to add more garlic or parmesan cheese, pulsing a few more times if you add any more seasonings.
- Remove tapenade from the food processor and gently fold in white beans until well combined.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers and enjoy!
For more fantastic and yummy meatless meal recipes, check these out:
Salads, Soups, Stews and Starters
- Spicy Vegan Potato Salad by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Veggie Salad Trio with Zucchini Noodles and Pesto by Hip Foodie Mom
- Olive Tapenade by MealDiva
- Chickpea Chile Soup with Greens and Grains by Shockingly Delicious
- Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Potato Chickpea Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- “Beef” Stew with Potato Cake Tops by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Teriyaki Quinoa “Meatballs” by The Foodie Patootie
- Black Bean “Meatballs” with Marinara by Foxes Love Lemons
- Spicy Vegetarian Meatballs by Mess Makes Food
Pastas, Pizzas and Casseroles
- Zucchini and Mushroom Skillet Lasagna by Curious Cuisiniere
- Four Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Shells by Melanie Makes
- Spicy Penne with Tomatoes and Havarti by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Tomato Casserole by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Deconstructed Vegan “Lasagna” by What Smells So Good?
- Ramen Stir Fry by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Broccolini Macaroni and Cheese by Family Foodie
- Sundried Tomato and Zucchini Pizza with Goat Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom and Leek Pasta by Neighborfood
- Roasted Veggie Manicotti by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pasta Patate by Webicurean
- Spaghetti and Chickpeas and Roasted Tomato Sauce by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli, Mushroom, and Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Radicchio and Gorgonzola Tortelloni with Butter and Walnuts by Manu’s Menu
- Quinoa Black Bean Burger with Ginger Cilantro & Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garbanzo and Brown Rice Burgers by girlichef
- Tofu Burgers by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Tacos & Everything Wrapped
- Blackened Tofu Tacos with Asian Slaw by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mushroom & Poblano Tacos by La Cocina de Leslie
- Green Chile Enchiladas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Beet and Goat Cheese Tacos with Avocado Cream by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Black Bean and Avocado Flautas by Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Spinach Quinoa Burritos by Alida’s Kitchen
Other Main and Side Dishes
- Vegan, Gluten Free Breakfast Bars by Pies and Plots
- Mushroom and Lentil Cottage Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mediterranean Tomato Tart by Magnolia Days
- Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Fontina Polenta with Sauteed Porcini Mushrooms by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Leek and Zucchini Tarte Tatin by Food Lust People Love
- Tofu and Peas Curry (Tofu Matar) by Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement