This week I’m still swimming in zucchini so I can’t help but post this recipe (in addition to the stuffed zucchini recipe from last week). Today, I’m making Zucchini bread. After combing through countless recipe books and speaking to friends who bake, I was given this fantastic recipe for zucchini bread from a friend of mine, Tina Depaola Canning. So thank you Tina!
On another note, I love making homemade breads because there are no preservatives and this zucchini bread really is farm to table fresh—nothing could be tastier!
Do you have a favorite zucchini bread recipe? If so, please scan down to the bottom of the page and leave a comment! I would love to hear!
My baking adventure started with shredding 2 cups of zucchini.
Next, I combined the wet ingredients. My kids went crazy over the addition of applesauce — they kept trying to taste the batter!
Next, I mixed the dry ingredients and added them to the wet ingredients bowl.
Into the pan the batter went and from there into the oven for 60 minutes.
20 minutes into baking time and the smell was amazing!
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, packed/heaping
- 1 cup applesauce, heaping
- 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 2 8″x4″ loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, applesauce, oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 2 greased loaf pans. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center of the bread.
- Cool for 10 minutes, loosen the sides of the loaves & remove from the pans.
- You can also make about 24 muffins from this recipe. Spray muffin pans or you can use liners and using a large cookie scoop, spoon batter into muffin tins & bake for 15 – 20 minutes. The bread and muffins from this recipe freeze very well too! Enjoy!