Hot out of the oven, these banana muffins are slightly crunchy on the outside but moist and sweet on the inside.
Almost decadent, addictive and simply delicious. And that’s saying a lot for a muffin. Enjoy!
Gourmand Banana Muffins
- 4-5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Chocolate Chips for topping ( if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add the egg, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Top with chocolate chips (if desired)
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool