Fruit ambrosia with rum is a fantastic salad where the beautiful flavors of tropical fruit are enhanced by the addition of rum and coconut – it smells like the beach! I like to eat this with pita chips or graham crackers but it’s perfect just eaten on it’s own – like a semi-healthy snack or side dish. In fact, I plan on serving this for the mom’s in my life this mother’s day with brunch! Mmmmm…it’s seriously tasty….
Oh yes my friends, this is a real adult fruit salad:
Fruit Ambrosia with Run
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbs. white rum
- 4 tbs. limejuice
- 3 mango’s, peeled and cubed
- 6 kiwi’s, peeled and cubed
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbs. sweetened coconut
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine that sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil then cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove sugar water from the heat and stir in the rum and limejuice.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cubed fruit then toss with the sugar-water-rum mixture to combine.
- Top the salad with coconut and enjoy!