I love this classic, protein packed, vegetarian dish.
It can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and when it’s served with a side salad, my family cheers (ok, truthfully, Spud hates this dish – but everyone else LOVES it).
Garlicky White Beans
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 (15oz) cans small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and onion, sautéing for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, red pepper flakes and sauté for 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the beans and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add just enough water to cover the beans and simmer until the beans are tender and creamy.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and enjoy!