This is one yummy green bean dish! When green beans are cooked, flavored and season with garlic, you can NEVER go wrong and I promise you that there won’t be any leftovers! My kids DEVOUR THESE! We love this dish as a side to steak and chicken but I also serve it as an after school snack.
It’s that good.
You should make some right now.
Garlicky Green Beans
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped ( I like them chunky)
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ¼ lbs. green beans, trimmed
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute then add the green beans, salt and sugar.
- Add ¼ cup water, cover and cook for 6 minutes then uncover and boil until the water evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper and, if desired, toss with sliced almonds.