Hot Sauce + Roasted Potatoes = Heaven!
It’s time I let you in a on a little secret: I’m obsessed with hot sauce. I have a rather large assortment of artisan, New Jersey-made hot sauces like Harvey’s Revenge and Haht Sahs Sauce (just to name a few). I actually carry hot sauce around in my purse and find myself adding it to a lot of stuff like Baked Brussel Sprouts and Crispy Potatoes. It adds a little kick and I find the combination to be addicting. Sometimes, I make myself a sheet of these for lunch. Enjoy!
Oh, and feel free to use a classic like Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce – gotta love the classics!
Crispy Hot Saucy Potatoes
- 12 small red or white potatoes, cut into ½ wedges
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- 4 tbs. hot sauce
- Blue cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 35-40 minutes, tossing them every 5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, combine the butter and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Drizzle the sauce over the potatoes in the pan and carefully toss to combine.
- Return potatoes to the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce.