These beer braised mushrooms deserved a post of their own – OMG – they are SO DELICIOUS! Typically, I like to jazz mushrooms up with white wine or chicken stock but last night I took a chance and used a beer that nobody in my house was going to drink (waste-not-want-not)!
If you’re concerned about tasting beer in each bite, have no fear, the beer taste cooks off, leaving a savory, delicious mushroom in it’s wake.
Beer Braised Mushrooms
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 package Baby Bella or Button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced in half
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup light beer like Miller Light
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil then mushrooms.
- Sauté for 3 minutes until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beer – it will fizz a little.
- Move the mushrooms around in the pan and allow the beer to cook down, about 8 minutes.