Packed full of beans and vegetables that are smothered in-between carbs and cheese (all selling points), this Bean and Cornbread Salad recipe is sweet, savory, spicy, creamy and simply delicious!
But before we start cooking, I want to say: thank you, thank you, thank you to Tammi of Momma’s Meals for hosting today’s delicious Sunday Supper! Today we are all blogging about bean recipes and I am super excited to be participating!
Beans are a staple in the MealDiva house! We love to add them to so many dishes like Black Beans and Rice, Crockpot Black Bean & Beef Stew, Vegetarian Chili, Black Bean Salad and a personal favorite, Tex Mex Chicken Chili.
Today I’m brining this delicious Bean and Cornbread Salad to the table. This recipe is one of those one- bowl- wonders that everyone from kids to adults enjoys. Seriously, each bite is its own little flavor bomb.
Time to make this nice, hearty, gorgeous and fun salad.
Bean and Cornbread Salad
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 12 cornbread muffins, crumbled
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the tomatoes, pepper, cilantro and pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion, lime juice, chili powder and a pinch of salt.
Put the salad together:
- Sprinkles ½ the cornbread in a glass bowl or trifle dish.
- Top with ½ the black beans, corn and tomato mixture, then ½ the sour cream mixture then cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, it will taste even better if it’s left overnight.
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.