Brown rice and lentils come together in this super yummy detox- salad that’s high in fiber, protein and complex carbs. It’s a blood sugar stabilizing, heart healthy dish that will leave your taste buds satisfied!
I love a good detox salad and often prepare them on Monday’s and enjoy them all week for lunch. My kids share the love of these types of salads as well which is why I had to share this delicious salad with you today! Enjoy!
Zesty Brown Rice & Lentil Salad with Lime Dressing
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded coleslaw mix ( carrots, cabbage combo)
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted pistachios
- Small handful parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 3 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. real maple syrup
- Sea salt
- Place salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Blend dressing ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour over salad, toss and enjoy!