One of my new favorite cookbooks is Against all Grain by Danielle Walker. She is amazing! Her cookbook is loaded with recipes that are gluten, grain and dairy-free and I’m enjoying cooking my way through it. I highly recommend her cookbook (and I say this without being compensated in anyway).
This Paleo-friendly Winter Citrus and Bacon Salad is from Against All Grain. Walker includes almonds in her salad and I added a little more bacon. I love that recipes are all about interpretation and making them your own.
Time to whip up this easy winter salad and dig in! I served mine with a little Lemon Tilapia (minus the slaw).
Paleo Winter Citrus and Bacon Salad
- 5-6 cups arugula
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 large orange, peeled and segmented
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a bowl or on a large platter, combine the arugula, orange, grapefruit and bacon.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Place vinegar, mustard and olive oil in a small bowl or jar with a lid and either whisk or shake to combine. You want the dressing well blended.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss to coat.