Using only a handful of ingredients these MealDiva Approved Turkey Meatballs are fast, delicious, healthy and SUPER easy! To round out your meal, serve these meatballs with a side salad and homemade garlic bread. Enjoy!
Turkey Meatballs with a Quick Red Sauce
- 1-pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, onion, grated zucchini (if using), garlic powder , poultry seasoning and breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients.
- Next, add the eggs and continue to gently combine.
- Using your hands, form mixture into meatballs, about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a medium skillet on med-high and add 2 tbs. olive oil.
- Add meatballs and sear, turning until all sides are browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove meatballs to a baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs at 350 for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, what turkey meatball is complete without sauce?
Quick Red Sauce
If you like your sauce thicker, add 1 tbs. tomato paste.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- A small handful of fresh basil, leaves torn.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: A pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a large, high-sided skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, sautéing to bring out the flavor.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Ad tomatoes and red pepper flakes (if using) and bring to a simmer.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste and then add basil.
- Simmer sauce while meatballs are baking.
- When meatballs are done, remove from baking sheet and add to sauce. Simmer for another 10 minutes and serve over pasta or in a sandwich roll.
- Super fast, super YUM!