Salt-cured beef brisket Heaven.
In a St. Patrick’s Day tradition, I’m bring you a super quick and delicious way to serve up an Irish feast to your family tonight! Say goodbye to dried out corned beef! Cooking it in the crockpot is not only SUPER EASY but delicious as well! In fact, this is so easy to make that you should whip up some St. Patrick’s Day Candy Popcorn to serve as well! Your kids will thank you.
This recipe does feed a crowd and if you have any leftovers, it tastes delicious between two slices of rye bread with a little Coleslaw or in an egg hash. Yummy. Yum. Yum. Yummy.
If I could just add how photographing Corned Beef is terrible. Really, there’s no good angle for it. So here’s a yummy recipe with a not so fantastic picture. Ug, And Enjoy and Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!
Super Simple Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 10 baby potatoes ( optional)
- Place the carrots, onion and potatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker/crockpot then pour in water and place the meat on top of the veggies.
- Pour the beer over the brisket and sprinkle on the spice packet. Cover and cook 8-10 hours.
- An hour before serving, add the cabbage to the pot and cook with brisket until serving.