Enjoy my friends as this Mealdiva approved salad is really delicious, especially this time of year. I’m always impressed at how much in-season ingredients heighten the taste of food. These farm fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, basil and chives really come together beautifully in this dish and it packs a lot of flavor: it’s sweet, savory, zesty and crunchy. Yum!
Need I say more?
Ok, I do need to say one more thing: this dish is so easy to prepare that all three of my kids ALWAYS help. Below is a picture of their final product. Clearly, corn and pancetta are the favorite ingredients here. None-the less, they use the cucumbers and tomatoes as “scoops” and the entire plate disappears in minutes!
Stacked Tomato Salad
- 4 slices of pancetta, chopped into small, bite sized pieces
- 1 tbs. chopped, fresh chives
- 1 tbs. chopped, fresh basil
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 ears shucked corn
- 2 Large tomatoes cut into slices
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- In a small skillet, cook pancetta until crispy.
- Cut corn from cobs
- In another small skillet, add 1 tsp. olive oil and cook corn for 3 minutes until starting to brown.
- Combine the chives, basil, vinegar, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with salt.
- Alternate tomato with cucumber, making 4 stacks. Drizzle each with a little of the dressing.
- Sprinkle with corn and pancetta.