The first day of spring was March 20th and I’m so excited! Goodbye freezing rain of winter and welcome sunshine! I’m so excited that Daylight Savings is in full- effect; that outside workouts are bearable again; that flowers will be in bloom soon and charity season is in full swing (there are lots of yummy foodie-charity events going on right now).
Most of all I’m excited because new season = new recipes using fresher ingredients!
To celebrate, today’s #SundaySupper is all about delighting in the foods of the season! Thank you DB of Crazy Foodie Stunts and Valerie of Lifestyle Food Artistry for hosting today’s yummy spring foodie celebration!
Today I’m cooking up an easy Spring Lemon Pasta dish featuring fresh herbs and lemon. When you have a variety of fresh herbs on hand like basil, parsley, tarragon and dill, all you need is a little olive oil and a nutritious and delicious meal like this lemon Pasta comes together in minutes. I promise you that your family will be impressed by this simple, easy pasta dish! Lets get cooking!
Spring Lemon Pasta
- ½ lbs. gluten-free (or regular) penne pasta
- ½ cup roughly chopped herbs; parsley, chervil, tarragon, dill and basil
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lemon, grated and juiced
- Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions.
- Drain, then toss with mixed hers, oil, lemon zest and juice, a pinch of salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese if desired.
Note: Chicken or white beans make nice additions to this recipe.
Are you as excited to welcome spring as I am? If so, be sure to check out the FANTASTIC recipes below:
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family