I was really excited that Ort Farms in Long Valley, had cabbage in their CSA share this week! I eagerly combed through my recipe folder looking for the perfect way to cook it and found this really yummy recipe from Rachael Ray. After a little tweaking (removing the 2 tbs. of sugar and using white cabbage instead of red), I made a rockin’ great dinner. Cabbage and vinegar are always a winning combination and when paired with crispy potatoes and barbecued sausages, you really can’t go wrong. It’s a Mealdiva Approved dinner!
Please leave a comment under “speak your mind!” What do you like to do with your cabbage?
Sautéed White Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 white cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, sautéing it until it wilts, 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar to the pan and toss the cabbage in it.
- Season with mustard seed, salt and pepper and reduce heat to low.
- Let cabbage continue to cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.