Oh my goodness am I ever in love with this pork tenderloin recipe! Wait a minute… did I just say that? Yes, I LOVE this pork recipe and I know that you will to! This dish is sweet, savory and even my kids love it! Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
First, trim the pork tenderloin and rub it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once seasoned, add it to a hot skillet.
Next, sear it until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove tenderloin and place it on a plate. Add apples and onions to sauté pan and brown them in the oil for 5 minutes. As the apple/onions cook, rub the tenderloin with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with thyme. Add the tenderloin back into the sauté pan with the apples and onions. Nestle it all together well.
Using an oven-mitt (I say this because I burned myself accidentally, twice) put the pan into your hot oven for 15 minutes. After roasting, remove tenderloin from the pan and let it rest. This helps the juices redistribute. As your pork rests, make your pan sauce. To serve, slice the pork tenderloin and serve it with the apple and onion pan gravy. The flavors of early fall will fill your mouth and I really hope you enjoy this MealDiva approved dish! Yum!
A Great Fall Pork Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1 ½ tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. sea salt
- 2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 gala apples, cored and sliced
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 1-cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs. butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Trim the fat and skin from the tenderloin.
- Rub with 1 tbs. olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat other 1-½ tbs. olive oil in a rimmed, oven-safe sauté pan on medium-high.
- Add tenderloin and sear it until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove tenderloin and place on a place.
- Add apples and onions to sauté pan and brown them in the oil for 5 minutes.
- As the apple/onions cook, rub the tenderloin with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with thyme.
- Add the tenderloin back into the sauté pan with the apples and onions.
- Using an oven mitt, remove pan from stovetop and put into the oven.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until done and the internal temperature reads 145-150 degrees.
- Remove pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Tent with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes to redistribute the juices.
- While the tenderloin rests, place sauté pan back on the stovetop (use oven mitts) and turn up to medium heat.
- Add chicken broth to the apples and onions and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the butter and stir to melt.
- Slice pork and serve with apples, onions and pan sauce. OMG! So yummy!