Need to get dinner on the table in a crunch? Here is a healthy, quick and easy one-pot meal sure to please the family!
One-Pot Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 package of pre-sliced white mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, diced small
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes with basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan with a lid, heat oil over med.- high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and cook, moving the pieces every three min. until cooked ( should only take 6 min. total).
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms cover, cooking for 5 min.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and oregano.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cook, covered until tomatoes start breaking down. 15 min.
- Return chicken (and extra juices from plate) to pot and cover, cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 10 min.
- Turn chicken in sauce to cover , sprinkle fresh herbs of choice (I like basil or parsley) over top and serve.