Need another appetizer or side dish for your BBQ? Here’s an easy one and you don’t even have to turn the oven, grill or stove on! It’s best to prepare this dish an hour or so in advance to let the flavors meld and allow the vinegar to “cook” it.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, stems removed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup coarsely grated pecorino
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the asparagus, including the tips into very thin slices and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the red onion and pecorino and toss to combine.
- Dress with the vinegar, olive oil and salt and toss again.
- This salad should be heavily dressed.
*Remember: the vinegar will tenderize the asparagus.