Sometimes I have to jazz up my bread: make it a little more interesting. The only problem with this homemade garlic bread is that after I finish my first slice, I always go back for a second and possibly a third. Seriously, this is THE BEST garlic bread recipe EVER! Hands down, I kid you not. You need to give this a whirl!
Homemade Garlic Bread
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with a pinch of salt and a little extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole-wheat baguette
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the bread, in a bowl, stir together the olive oil mashed garlic, and herbs
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a knife, make slits in the bread by slicing it into sections (be sure that you don’t cut completely through).
- Using a spoon or brush spread the herb-garlic mixture in each slot.
- Drizzle the top of the bread with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.