This is a classic 15 minute summer recipe from my table to yours.
I love easy #WeekdaySupper’s like this one because it’s simple, fresh, delicious and it really gives a weeknight dinner some WOW! After all is there anything better then fresh summer cherry tomatoes tossed with garlic, basil and cheese?
I think not.
It all starts with some simple ingredients:
I make this recipe with gluten-free corn based pasta but you can use whatever pasta that you choose. For a more dramatic presentation, use multicolored cherry tomatoes. Once the pasta is cooked and the tomatoes have started to soften, toss the two together and then add the fresh basil. I enjoy this dish without cheese but for all of you cheese lovers out there, place a little grated cheese in the bottom on each serving dish. Add the hot pasta and sauce to each dish and toss to combine. Mmmmm…
This dinner will definitely get you some high 5’s around the dinner table! Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked gluten-free pasta
- Grated parmesan cheese
- While the pasta cooks, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and salt and then cover the pan and cook 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil and pepper.
- Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss well to combine.
- If desired, add cheese.
Tuesday – Mexican Street Corn Tart by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Wednesday – One Skillet Steak Fajitas by Daily Dish Recipes
Thursday – “Nacho” Regular Hot Dog by Our Good Life
Friday – One Pot Burrito Bowls by Recipes Food and Cooking