I think anything coated in mayonnaise then breadcrumbs – from fish to chicken – turns out moist, juicy and just wonderful. Today I cooked up an oven-fried chicken and my kids ate it so fast that I just had to share the recipe with you.
Now, this is not my recipe and I know there are a million versions floating around all over the Internet. If you know who first developed this chicken recipe, let me know and I’ll credit them. But for now, I hope you whip up this easy fried chicken for dinner and enjoy!
Easy Oven Fried Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces (I buy mine already cut up)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned, whole-wheat bread crumbs.
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- In another medium bowl, place the mayonnaise
- Coat the chicken pieces with the mayonnaise (I used my hands) then dip it in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place the chicken pieces on a greased or foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.