This is one easy fish recipe!
Stew recently announced that he is a “Pescetarian” or someone who only eats fish, seafood and other vegetarian fare. By definition, some people refer to a pescetarian as a vegetarian who eats seafood. Someone whose diet is composed primarily of fish would be a piscivore. Other synonyms that are sometimes used for pescetarian are fishitarian (or fishetarian) or pesco-vegetarian.
I really have no idea where my almost 5 year-old picked up the term but this kid LOVES fish! Give him a steak and he’ll eat one or two bites but give him Salmon, Mahi Mahi, Tilapia or Trout and he’ll eat 6-8 ounces in one sitting.
I say bring on the fish! Here’s my latest recipe – enjoy!
First start with the spices…
Rub them all over the fish…
Cook it up in a little olive oil or butter and dinner is served….
Delicious Trout with Sweet & Spicy Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 six-ounce trout filets with skin on
- 1 lime or lemon, cut into wedges (optional, for serving)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Butter or Olive oil, for cooking
- Combine the paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and salt in a small bowl.
- Make sure it’s well combined (use your fingers to break up the lumps of brown sugar).
- Sprinkle the spice rub evenly over the top sides of the filets.
- Heat two tbs. of oil or butter over medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan.
- Cook the fillets for 3-5 minutes on each side until reddish-brown on the outside and flaky on the inside.
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil or butter to the pan and quickly wilt the spinach.
- Serve the fish over the spinach with lime or lemon wedges.