Ah, once again it’s Crockpot Thursday and today’s feature is a finger lickin, mouthwatering, carnivorous Ground Beef Stew: yummy!
I don’t know about you, but during the busy fall season, I feel like the crockpot is my best friend – or addiction – or life savor of sorts. There’s nothing like coming home to perfect slow cooker fare. In addition, this meal freezes well so be sure to double the batch and save some for later! Enjoy!
First, start with pulling out all of the ingredients. I like to make sure I have everything ready to go so that my prep time is efficient and fast.
Next, get your veggies chopped and brown the beef and onions.
Into the crockpot goes all of the ingredients and then…this is the best part….set it and forget it! Enjoy!!!
Crockpot Ground Beef Stew
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 golden potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (15oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. worchestire sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef and onion.
- Drain and then pour into a crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover and cook for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.