Might this be “food porn” for the crockpot lover?
I think so!
This quick and delicious Taco Soup is sooooo easy to throw together and it received a two thumbs up from Peanut, Spud and Stew! So go whip out your slow cooker and give this a whirl this weekend! After all, it’s perfect for Sunday night football watching! Go Jets ( did I just say that?)
- 1 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 ( 14 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz) cans stewed tomatoes, chopped with liquid
- 1 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 2 tbs. dried cilantro
- 1 tbs. ground cumin
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 3-4 taco shells or corn chips for serving
- Grated jack or cheddar cheese
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced green olives ( my favorite)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the taco shells/corn chips, cheese and toppings in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- Skim excess fat off of the top and ladle hot soup into individual serving bowls over the taco shells and cheese.
Note: As is my belief with all crockpot meals, if you can simmer the meal on the stove for 15 minutes before serving, it really helps to enhance the flavor!