If you are tired of the same old soy, garlic and ginger steak marinade, it’s time you took it up a notch and replaced it with this mind-blowing-ly amazing coffee marinade!
Coffee and beef belong together – seriously- it’s a fact. Add in balsamic, brown sguar and garlic and you have Heaven in a marinade. I haven’t tasted something so good in a very long time.
If you buy your meat in bulk, try making a few batches of marinade and freeze the steak in it. Then, when your ready to serve, simply defrost it in the fridge and it will be ready to grill when you get home.
Try this recipe and tell me what you think!
Coffee Marinated Flank Steak
- 3 tbs. strong brewed coffee
- 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- 2-3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak, trimmed of extra fat
- Add coffee, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, pepper and salt into a large zip lock bag and swish to combine ingredients.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour – overnight (the longer, the better).
Heat grill to medium-high
- Remove steak from marinade (discard the remaining marinade) and lightly oil the grill rack.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 5 minutes each side (or medium -rare). Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice against the grain and serve.