Just like memories of Sunday night family dinners, this cozy Pot Roast recipe will satisfy your palate and warm your soul. This pot roast recipe is slow cooked with classic carrots and potatoes with flavors of lemon and rosemary.
Anyone can make this dinner. A small investment in the morning – peeling the onions and chopping the carrots- pays off big time when you come home from your busy fall weekend activities and a balanced, delicious, healthy roast with vegetables is ready for you in the Crockpot.
For today’s #SundaySupper, we are teaming up with The Beef Checkoff and bringing you lots of delicious and healthy fall beef recipes that are cooked low and slow. I love this recipe round up because am a true carnivore and beef lover. Did you know that beef is packed full of protein as well as B6, B12, Niacin, Rioflavin, Zinc and Iron? If you are interested in learning more about the nutrition benefits of beef, I encourage you to visit their Nutrition/Beef- It’s What’s For Dinner website as it’s packed full of some great information.
In addition to the health benefits of cooking with beef, there are countless recipes to choose from and enjoy – from grilling to stir-fry’s to chili to soup – the list goes on and on. Although we enjoy beef year round in The Diva house, when the temperatures start to drop and my kids soccer season kicks into high gear, I turn to beef to keep my kids filled up with balanced protein packed dinners that keep them full and fueled for sports and school. While beef is the star in these dishes, I always remember to serve simple, healthy sides of vegetables, fruits and grains as well. From mashed potatoes to brown rice to quinoa to baked brussel sprouts, baked vegetabes and fruit salad, beef easily brings it all together.
During the fall, I relish braising rough cuts of beef into succulent submission in my Crockpot.
To me, fall + beef + Crockpot = Heaven.
What’s your favorite beef recipe?
Classic Pot Roast with Lemon & Rosemary
- 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4-6 small to medium potatoes, scrubbed and halved ( you can leave small ones whole)
- 2-3 carrots, cut into large, chunky pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 (3-pound) chuck beef roast trimmed of excess fat
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- In a Crockpot, stir together the cornstarch and 2 tbs. broth until smooth. Add remaining broth, rosemary, potatoes, carrots, onion and lemon.
- Generously season with salt and pepper
- Season roast with salt and pepper and rub with smashed garlic.
- Place on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cooking on high until the roast is fork tender, about 5 hours (you can also cook for 8 hours on low).
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and thinly slice against the grain.
- Place vegetables on a serving platter.
- Skim fat from pan juices, then pour through a strainer.
- Serve roast and vegetables drizzled with pan juices.
Healthy, one-pot comfort food that cooks itself. Does it get any better?
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Love beef? Check out be sure to check out these yummy recipes below:
Healthy Plates with Beef
- Beef and Green Beans over Orange Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Short Ribs with Polenta and Sautéed Greens by Whole Food | Real Families
- Beer Braised Beef Brisket by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Stifado by Recipe for Perfection
- Classic Pot Roast with Lemon and Rosemary by MealDiva
- Easy Stovetop Marsala Roast Beef by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Cherry Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Garlic & Herb Prime Rib with Roasted Potatoes & Beets by Momma’s Meals
- Rosemary Garlic Brisket by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sauerbraten by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shank Cut Osso Buco by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Beef Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Caribbean Beef Stew by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas by Daily Dish Recipes
- Spoon Roast with Mushrooms and Farro by Cooking Chat
- Szegediner Gulasch (German Sauerkraut Beef Goulash) by Magnolia Days
- Thai Red Curry with Beef and Butternut Squash by kimchi MOM
- Vietnamese Style Beef Stew by I’m Not the Nanny
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.