This might be the EASIEST casserole recipe EVER. Seriously. No joke. And my kids LOVED IT! Does it get any better then that? I think not. All you need is a rotisserie chicken, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, sour cream and cheese…
Put it all together and you get this:
I serve this with a side of refried beans and a large side salad. Enjoy!
The Easiest Enchilada Casserole Recipe Ever
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a medium sized baking dish.
- Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish, and arrange 6 tortillas in a single layer.
- Top with 1/2 the chicken, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 the sour cream, and 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce. Repeat.
- Coat remaining tortillas thoroughly with remaining enchilada sauce, and arrange on top of the layers.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and top with any remaining enchilada sauce
- Cover, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool slightly before serving.