Ground turkey, onions, peppers, spinach and tomatoes create a healthy and kid-friendly dinner in this straightforward, easy to make, delicious recipe for Savory Stuffed Peppers.
We lOVE stuffed peppers! Personally, I love stuffed Poblano Peppers but the kids prefer the classic bell pepper.
To quote my kids “So. Dang. Goooooooooooood”. Enjoy!
Savory Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers (any color), tops removed ( and saved), seeded
- 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wrap the green bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes then remove.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown then set it aside.
- Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, peppers and spinach until tender.
- Return turkey to the skillet.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture and top with cheese.
- Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and everything is warmed through.