Today’s #SundaySupper is all about delicious, captivating casseroles! Don’t you just LOVE a wonderful casserole? I know that I do so I’m thrilled to be sharing this yummy Mexican Lasagna recipe with you today!! Thank you to Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen for hosting today’s #SundaySupper!
Now lets dig in!
This recipe came about because I’ve been making beans in the Crockpot all week: I can’t get enough! After putting them in soup, stews, chili and in lettuce wraps, I wanted to do something a little different. This lasagna recipe is derived from Rachael Ray and is really robust and bursting with flavor: perfect for a snow day.
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 1/2 tbs. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-½ cups cooked black beans or 1 (15oz) can
- 1-cup taco sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- A pinch of salt
- 8 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Hot Sauce or Salsa (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion then brown for 7 minutes.
- Add taco sauce then the black beans and corn.
- Heat the mixture through, about 5 minutes then season with a good pinch of salt.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining olive oil.
- Cut the tortillas in quarters.
- Build lasagna in layers of meat then beans then tortillas quarters then cheese.
- Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Top with the scallions and a little hot sauce or salsa ( if desired) and serve.
LOVE casseroles as much as I do? Then be sure to check out these mouthwatering recipes!
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.