If only you could taste how good this dish is! But since you can’t, you’re going to have to take my word for it. It’s everything I love in a meal and it’s all ready in about 30 minutes. What I love the most about this recipe is how it packs a bunch of nutrients into a one-pot meal: from the sweet potato to the peppers to the tomatoes to the beans, chicken and stock – just a delicious blend of dinner yumminess.
Hearty, healthy and delicious – the perfect fall one-pot dinner: Tex Mex Chicken Chili. Enjoy!
Each bite of this chicken chili is pure joy – it’s vibrant, richly aromatic, and addictively spicy-sweet. Need I go on?
Easy Tex Mex Chicken Chili
- 1. tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) cans white beans
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade or store-purchased
- Melt butter and oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, jalapeño, poblano, sweet potatoes, cumin, chili powder and salt then sauté for 6 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and sauté for an additional 60 seconds before adding the chicken and the broth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.