Today’s #SundaySupper is going to be a tasty one because we are all coming together to share recipes that we’ve been craving all year!
What could be better then a group of food bloggers sharing their crave-worthy recipes?
Now lets get started!
This savory, hearty beef chili certainly didn’t cause any complaints when I served it last Sunday night. In fact, it got a round of applause because every member of the Diva house has been craving it all year! Full of beef, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes and mexican-inspired spices, this is a healthy, high-protein meal with a big flavor. The chopped green chills really give it a distinctive flavor and I promise you that this recipe will be added to your list of favorites! My family asks for it on a regular basis because it’s THAT YUMMY!
Don’t you just love cooking with beef!
Chunky Beef Chili
- 2 lbs. stewing meat, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 golden potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 3 (4.5oz) can chopped green chilies
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. whole-wheat flour
- Season beef with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven for medium-high heat and brown the meat, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Add onion to Dutch oven, and cook, stirring often until they are translucent.
- Add pepper, garlic, chili, oregano and potatoes and cook, stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add chilies, beef stock and stewed tomatoes then add the beef, and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook stirring, constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
Like this beef recipe? Be sure to check out these other crave-worthy dishes from my #SundaySupper friends!
Comfort Food Cravings
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:03:53 AM by cindykerschner »