Today’s #SundaySupper is being hosted by Hip Foodie Mom (go check out her gorgeous website full of delicious family recipes) and is so much fun! Your going to love what the #SundaySupper community is serving up because it’s all about scrumptious, mouthwatering and tempting 5 ingredient (or less) recipes. Quick, easy and delicious– Does it get any better then that???
So what is MealDiva bringing to the table? I’m bringing one of my classic dishes: BBQ Foiled Chicken.
First, I have to apologize for the photograph: I had to use my phone because my three year old has been playing with my real camera and now it’s not working right…
On to tasty chicken for #SundaySupper:
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love a good cooking challenge. And so, when a few of my friends challenged me to come up with a “no mess,” MealDiva Approved dinner, I went to work. I debated using the grill but couldn’t come up with a way to avoid dirtying at least one plate. Then it finally it hit me: aluminum foil! Almost any kind of food can be prepared in foil. It’s one of the best inventions ever. In fact, after I delivered on this “no mess” dinner challenge, I was asked to write a few more recipes that could also be cooked in foil. My friends and family have voted this one to be the easiest and the tastiest so I wanted to share. Please give it a whirl! It’s only 5 ingredients and no pots and pans required!
BBQ Foiled Chicken with Corn and Black Beans
- Chicken drumsticks and thighs (2- 3 chicken’s worth)
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tbs. salted butter, divided
- 1-cup tangy BBQ sauce
- 1 14oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat Oven to 450
- Cut foil into 4 sheets, 12X20 inches.
- Spray foil with PAM so the food doesn’t stick.
- Place 1 drumstick and 1 thigh on each foil sheet.
- In between the chicken pieces, add the corn.
- Season with a little salt and pepper (just a sprinkle).
- Add ¼ of the butter to the top of each corn piece.
- Spoon black beans around chicken and corn.
- Spoon BBQ sauce over chicken and beans.
- Fold the foil around the chicken and corn and loosely seal it.
- Place packets onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, making sure chicken is done (about 165 degrees) before removing.
- Serve with a side salad and you are all set! No fuss, no muss!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out my Easy Fried Chicken and all of the fantastic #SundaySupper recipes as well:
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Sides and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Turkey Half Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Desserts and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement