And they taste so sweet and good and whole…
So much potential! Where do I start? I always start by freezing a few then we eat the majority….. and then I start cooking and getting creative:
These strawberries are delicious served over everything from vanilla ice cream to chicken and of course, with STEAK! I seriously can’t get enough! I mean, you can never go wrong with a gorgeous, easy and fairly quick topping that involves strawberries and compliments most dishes!
So what are you planning on serving with these strawberries? Enjoy!
Balsamic Marinated Strawberries and Steak
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (4-6oz) rib eye steaks
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, balsamic and olive oil, tossing to combine.
- Set them aside to marinate for 2-4 hours or even overnight (in the refrigerator).
- Grill steaks to desired doneness and transfer to a platter to rest.
- Serve steaks with strawberries.