Just a few weeks ago I was lamenting the end of summer…back to school advertisements were all over the place and I was sad…then my kids went back to school and I remembered what it was like to have a little time to myself…I also remembered that cooler weather meant using the crockpot! Oh how I’ve missed using my crockpot!
To celebrate the cooler weather, back to school and fall, I decided to make these Amazing Crockpot Beef Short Ribs! Yum! If you have never tried short ribs before, now is the time! The crockpot turns these ribs into a succulent, tangy, fall-off-the-bone-finger-licking- good dinner! To make it a MealDiva Approved meal, serve it will a side of Swiss Chard.
Welcome fall! Enjoy!
Also, if you like this recipe and want more free recipes delivered right to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to MealDiva’s newsfeed!
Amazing Crockpot Short Ribs
- 2 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1-2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth or Bone Broth
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 3 tbs. maple syrup
- 4 tbs. honey
- 4 tbs. BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high.
- Brown short ribs for 3 minutes on each side and transfer to the crockpot.
- Add garlic and onion to crockpot.
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, maple syrup, honey, BBQ sauce and mustard in a mixing bowl then pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat is falling off of the bone!
*Note: crockpots can vary in heat so if your sauce looks to runny, transfer the contents to the stove top, add 1 tbs. of cornstarch and simmer for an extra 10 minutes before serving*
If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE Crockpot Taco Soup as well!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my patronage and recommendations, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.