I know that my blog is mostly about “healthy food recipes for active families” but sometimes I like to share a recipe that makes me happy and this dessert featuring farm fresh blueberries fills me with joy. After all, life is about balance.
Again, this is not remotely healthy but SO TOTALLY FULL OF JOY!
In order to make the dessert, first you need to make a simple blueberry sauce. If blueberries aren’t in season, feel free to use frozen ones.
Get you blueberries, sugar and lemon juice into a small pot on the stove and simmer away…
As the sauce cools, it’s time to make the white chocolate layer. Start by melting the chocolate and then whipping the cream.
My daughter Spud’s first bite was described as ”Heaven on Earth” as she closed her eyes and shuttered in ecstasy. Yes, my 6 year old loves sweets. She promptly opened her eyes and ate the remainder of her dessert at light speed before asking for more…
Rich, decadent bliss. Serving this dessert made my heat happy as each and every bite was really, truly savored. Enjoy!
White Chocolate Blueberry Bliss
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tbs. white sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the White Chocolate Layer:
- 6 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbs. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Make the sauce:
- In a small pot, oven medium-high heat, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer and lightly mash the blueberries with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 5 minutes then put it aside to cool.
- Once it’s cool enough to touch, place the mixture in the fridge until it’s time to use it.
Make the White Chocolate:
- Put the white chocolate and ½ cup of heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring, until the chocolate is melted.
- Beat the remaining heavy cream in a large bowl until it’s foamy.
- Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and continue beating until soft peaks form ( about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the whipped cream mixture to the chocolate mixture, folding the two together. Do not stir, only fold until it’s softly combined.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 small ramekins or cups and swirl in a little blueberry sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and refrigerate until serving (at least 30-40 minutes).
Inspired by a recipe in Food Network Magazine from January 2015.