Today’s #SundaySupper is all about the crockpot -I’m talking finger lickin, mouthwatering set-it-and-forget-it food- and I’m so excited to be bringing this super easy, super yummy Crockpot Triple Rich Chocolate Cake to the table. Oh my goodness -wait until you try this decadent dessert!
Thank you to Christine of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting today’s #SundaySupper!
Lets get started:
First, I have to admit that I didn’t think this recipe was going to work out. I cook many things in the crockpot -so much so that I blog every Thursday about a crockpot meal – but cake in the crockpot – I really didn’t think it could be done… and yet here it is – Crockpot Chocolate Cake! First, start by blending together the ingredients. Since we are making cake in the crockpot, the addition of 4 eggs, sour cream, pudding mix and chocolate chips are all necessary- they keep the cake moist and delicious.
Grease the crockpot and pour the prepared batter in, smoothing out the top.
Set it and forget it for 5-6 hours. Isn’t this chocolate cake recipe is so easy? You should make it right now – seriously- no joke!
Check to see if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, it’s done!
Please pardon the big hole in the top of my cake — sometimes it’s hard for little hands to resist sampling behind mommy’s back —
Once the cake has cooled for 1/2 and hour, remove it to a wire rack to cool completely. You can either choose to ice or glaze the cake. The choice is yours – enjoy!
Triple Rich Chocolate Cake
- 1 devil’s food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Using a spoon, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the batter into a greased crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until it’s done in the center.
- Turn off the crockpot and let the cake sit, covered for 30 minutes before serving.
- Ice if desired.
If you enjoy crockpot food, be sure sign up for my newsfeed and have MealDiva’s Crockpot Thursday’s Recipes delivered right to your inbox. Then, be sure to check out the links to my fellow #SundaySupper blogger’s recipes below:
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Scalloped Potatoes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions from The Dinner-Mom
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch