Paper bakery boxes filled with colorful tissue paper give holiday confections a festive and pretty look. Add a little ribbon and tie it up with a festive bow and give them as gifts to family and friends. Happy Holidays!
I know that I was only sharing 12 days of Christmas Confections but I couldn’t help myself: here’s one more Cookie Recipe for your Christmas baking repertoire: Salted Caramel Fudge Cookies.
Oh my, these are sinful!
To get started, gather your ingredients:
Now get the chocolate and butter melted in the in microwave….
Once the chocolate is melted, set it aside and combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
Beat in the melted chocolate mixture.
So pretty – I love chocolate –
I’m not to sure where my picture of the dough balls went but after the batter is combined, spoon balls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. When the cookies come out, place a Rollo into the center of each one and sprinkle with sea salt.
Thank you Saltopia for the beautiful salt!
These cookies make me close my eyes and sigh and know that everything in the world is right….
Same cookie – 2 different kinds of light — both yummy! Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Fudge Cookies
- 6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, chopped
- 1 (17 oz) package sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 48 Rollo’s or other caramel chocolates
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave in 25 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cookie mix, egg, milk, vanilla and melted chocolate mixture.
- Spoon balls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Press a Rollo into the center of cookie.
- Sprinkle with a nice amount of sea salt.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe is adapted from Taste of Home