Now that I’m a mother, I think Mother’s Day is one of the best holidays– EVER! For me, the best part is the homemade gifts that my kids make at school and I am very thankful to the teachers who help make that happen. There is nothing better then a handmade gift (that’s probably why I like to cook for people – homemade food is the best too)!
Today’s #SundaySupper is all about celebrating Mother’s Day and honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. Personally, I view my mother as a self-sacrificing Goddess who put my sister and I before anything else in the world: so THANK YOU MOM!
So what am I serving up for #SundaySupper and Mother’s Day? Today, I’m hosting brunch with a spiral ham, coffee cake, breakfast casserole, fruit salad, asparagus salad and these Macaroons. I love making Macaroons on Mother’s Day because it’s one of the first recipes my mom taught me to make – thus the name “Mom’s Macaroons.” Now these are not Macaroon –meringue-like-cookies (I’m terrified to make those). Instead, this is a classic Coconut Macaroon Recipe – crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside and oh so delicious. So it’s time to spoil mom a little and whip up a batch of these easy, luscious, sweet tidings of culinary bliss. Happy Mother’s Day! Did I tell you these were easy to make? All you need to do is mix together the shredded coconut, condensed milk and vanilla then beat the egg whites until the form peaks and fold them into the coconut mixture. The entire process will take you less then 10 minutes. Once everything is combined, drop the mixture onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake until golden brown. So easy peasy — you can’t screw these up — promise!
Mom’s Macaroons Ingredients:
- 1 (14oz) bag of shredded coconut
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until they start to form little peaks.
- Fold the egg mixture into the coconut mixture.
- Spoon macaroon batter onto cookie sheets then bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These will last up to 7 days in an airtight container.
Thank you to Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting today’s #SundaySupper! Now, come check out these mouthwatering recipes and join #SundaySupper as we celebrate Mother’s Day:
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers, Soups and Salads:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.