Yesterday was all about delectable Cinnamon Muffins and today is all about delectable Molasses Spice cookies! These cookies fill your house with holiday smells that will make your tummy grumble. There’s nothing like a fresh Molasses Spice Cookie during the holidays!
Molasses Spice Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 1-cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground cloves
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- Optional: plain almonds as topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, on medium-high speed, cream together butter, sugar, egg and molasses.
- Shift the flour, baking side, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Add to the butter mixture.
- Dampen your hands with water and roll the mixture into small balls (about 1 inch thick) and place them on the baking sheets.
- If using almonds, lightly press one into the center to the cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.